The hardest part is finding a sweater or sweater set in the right color. I could not find one anywhere, and I could not find sweater knit fabric or even interlock in this color, either. In the end, we were lucky enough to find a sweater just the right shade at Goodwill in adult XS. I hemmed the sleeves and left the rest of the sweater untouched. If you are not lucky enough to find the right shade in a ready-to-wear sweater or matching fabric, I would suggest you find a color you like and then use match the skirt fabric to the sweater.
This is the fabric I used. The line of fabric is called Storybook VIII.
For the pattern, I adapted an Ottobre pleated skirt pattern from the 6/2009 issue. As you can see, it came out a little large, and I think I need to go back and add elastic to the waist. The only change I made to the pattern was to change the placement and number of pleats to match Kit's skirt.
Now, the hat is what I am proud of! I don't generally crochet at all because I just don't get it. I love knitting, but crochet has always escaped me. For this hat, I followed the pattern found here (but I made it a little smaller to fit a child's head), and I kept a learn to crochet book open on my lap the whole time! And I re-tied that lovely bow at least 20 times until I got it looking pretty enough. The yarn was Sugar and Cream cotton yarn.
This outfit was her birthday present, along with a few other dolly and me items. Here's a coat for Kit to match her winter coat.
And a pettiskirt for each of them: