Friday, April 1, 2011

4-way Anna Pinafore

There is nothing cuter than a little pinafore on a toddler with chubby little legs, right?  Since it is only April 1, and we had snow yesterday, she is wearing the dress over leggings and a long sleeve top, but it will be a stand-alone dress in the summer.  And my husband's favorite part -- there is no "wrong" way to wear this dress.  It doesn't matter if it is inside-out or backwards.  There are four different cute fabrics, and each can be used as the front of the dress.  This means that when we get a stain on one bodice (probably happening as we speak), we can just flip the dress around.  Here are the four different looks:



The pattern I used is the Farbenmix Anna dress.  It is basically an apron in the front and an apron in the back.  The back fastens around the stomach underneath the front, and then the front piece fastens around the back like this:
I made a couple of changes to the pattern.  First, I made it reversible, rather than just having a lined bodice.  Second, instead of using long ties to make a bow to fasten around the stomach and back, I made tabs that fasten with snaps instead.  You could also use buttons instead of snaps if you want.  These changes made a big difference in how the dress was assembled, so I thought I would do a sewalong.  Check back next week for the sewalong!

One last picture -- I love pink rickrack trim on a little girl's dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...