Monday, April 4, 2011

Olivia Dress -- 3 looks!

One of my all time favorite go-to patterns is the Farbenmix Olivia.  I only ever sew the underdress, which is basically a flared t-shirt dress.  These make great playdresses, as they are comfy, washable, and don't need ironing!   For a SewingMamas challenge, I made 3 different looks from the same pattern.

The first one is in size 86 cm (24 months).  I added a contrast panel in the front and little twists of fabric to make bows.





For the next, I put ruffles on contrast panels at the sides.This is size 128 cm (about a size 7).



Hannah loves this and was so excited to have a new playdress.

And the last one is made from an adult t-shirt, with tiers, exposed serged seams, and lettuce hems.  This is size 86 cm again.
Isn't this fun?  I will do a tutorial soon on how to make those little ribbon bows.  It is super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...