Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ticky-Tacky Doll


Last week, we read a book by Cynthia Rylant called The Ticky-Tacky Doll. 

It was the sweetest story of a little girl who loves the rag doll made by her grandmother.  When the little girl goes to school, she has to leave the ticky-tacky doll behind, even though it "was as much a part of her as eyes or ears or a nose."  Of course, the story has a happy ending, but I won't ruin it for you.  You can buy it or check it out of the library and see if it delights your family as much as it did ours. 

Well, of course, my children all wanted a ticky-tacky doll RIGHT AWAY!  And, being a sewing mama, I do seem to have plenty of fabric scraps laying around.  So this is my version of the ticky-tacky doll.

I can tell she is going to be well loved in our family, because she was being played with before I even gave her any hair!

Our two year old was saying, "I yuv my tiddy-taddy daw!"

I have a pattern and tutorial coming soon.  And maybe I will sew some doll clothes if I get inspired!

1 comment:

  1. Do you sell ticky tacky dolls on etsy?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...