Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lazy Cook's Black Bean Soup

Today is a cold, dreary fall day, which always makes me feel a desperate need for soup.

Here's my own recipe for black bean soup -- the lazy way.

Ingredients:
2 cans black beans
2 cans diced tomatoes (you can substitute Rotel tomatoes if you want a little spicyness.)
1 can beef broth

Mix all ingredients (undrained) in a large pot, and heat over medium until warm.  Garnish with a little shredded cheese or a teaspoon of sour cream.

If you are feeling ambitious, make a batch of homemade bread to go with it.  You could try my favorite recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!
    Um, if I was doing 'lazy cook' style, I wouldn't be making bread from scratch! LOL :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately adding to next week's menu!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...