Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Funky Upcycle!

I just LOVE when kids are dressed in funky, colorful, unique clothes!  Of course, I think I am the only one in this particular suburban community who feels that way, so sometimes my kids stand out.  Is that bad?  I hope not!  So, I have been thinking that my 7 year old needs some arm warmers (fingerless gloves), and I was thinking they should be stripy.  Oh, also, cheap and easy.  And, as long as I was going to make arm warmers, I figured I should make a hat and a braided knit scarf/necklace, too.

I headed to my local thrift store in search of a stripy long sleeve t-shirt, and this is what I found:
Perfect!  You should have seen how excited I was!  Here's the finished product:



Plus, there was enough of the shirt leftover to make a bolero!

Look for the tutorial on Tuesday!



4 comments:

  1. Wow. That's amazing. You used every bit of it. That's AWESOME! Thanks for sharing this with me. Glad she loves it!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your repurposing skills! Amazing job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Glad I came across this, great inspiration! Going next to check your tutorial... And I also LOVE when kids are dressed in funky, colorful, unique clothes, especially MY 7 year old daughter :) -thanks for posting, it all looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...