Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Gratitude

Ok, I know I sometimes complain about my kids, or wish that life was a little less noisy and crazy.  But Mother's Day always makes me stop for a moment and thank the Lord for the blessing of these four little ones.  And I know that they won't seem little for much longer!

Yesterday, they made me a beautiful present (thanks to the materials and instructions in the Funshine Express preschool kit):
Do you notice that the one on the bottom left is not actually glued together?  That's my six year old Joseph's project.  He said he did not want to do a craft, but then he felt guilty since it was a Mother's Day present, so he did part of it anyways. 

And then my eight year old Hannah worked hard writing a song and memorizing it, so she could do a singing presentation of her gift.  I found the lyrics she wrote out this morning, so here is her Mother's Day song:

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to you,
Happy Mother's Day to you,
Happy Mother's Day, Dear Mommy,
I love you.

You lead me to Jesus.
You are my love.
I wish I could do more for you.
Um um hum hummmmm.
Oh we need you.
Love for you fills my heart.

Doesn't it make your heart just melt?  I especially like the "Umm um hum hummmm" part.  She also made a special second gift for me:  a pipecleaner bookmark, which works surprisingly well.

Now that is love!  What more could I ask for?

And, then, while my husband did yard work, I relaxed and actually got some sewing done.  Here is what I was working on -- a Boo-Boo Bunny:

I am working on a tutorial and pattern for this, so look out for it in the next month or so.

All in all, what a great day!  I think the moral of the story is that I am surrounded by these little blessings every day, and I should appreciate them this much every day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...