Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This is why I've been so quiet...


If you are wondering why I haven't been blogging much lately, it's because of this little boy.  He broke his elbow on only the 5th day of kindergarten.  Can you believe it?  The worst part is that I didn't know it was broken, didn't know it was even hurt, for more than 24 hours!  He broke it in a fall on recess on a Tuesday, and I didn't know he was hurt until Wednesday evening.  In the meantime, he had been to school, had gym class, played soccer in recess, played SPUD with neighborhood friends, jumped on the trampoline, roughhoused/wrestled with his friends, rode his bike all around the neighborhood -- all with a broken elbow!  It turns out even a simple break means you need to have about a million doctor appointments, and it has just thrown our household all out of whack.  But he is absolutely fine and has not had a problem yet.  Little kids are so adaptable.  I am glad he has been still smiling.  It just made me realize how little and fragile he still is.  My little Noah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...