Sunday, December 30, 2012

Felt campfire set


My littlest girl decided she wanted a "pop-up fire" for Christmas.  Once I deciphered that, I found out she meant a felt campfire, like she had seen on Pinterest.  Note to self: don't let daughter sit on your lap while you surf Pinterest. 

I discovered this great book by Jeannette Lim called "Big Little Felt Universe."  The pictures and patterns are truly fantastic, and the book has tons of projects.  I think I might make the felt tool set next.  One of the best parts about this project is that it is cheap!  I used regular ecofelt sheets from the craft store -- 34 cents each.  Also, the projects are entirely hand sewn, so I worked on it in bits and pieces in front of the TV, or in a waiting room during a kid's class or doctor appointment. 

I also made s'mores to go along with it.  The pattern is also from the same book.

And then I made marshmallows and hot dogs and buns, too.

All of the kids have been having fun roasting pretend food over the pretend fire (although I know he doesn't look like he is having fun now).

4 comments:

  1. Amy (Meghan's friend)December 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM

    This is awesome! I used to have a paper set up like this but yours is much better- I eventually had to throw mine out when it had too much ware/tear. I used it for storytime in the classroom. (Yes, I know it's high school- any gimmick to get them to listen!) It was rolled brown construction paper logs and red, yellow, and orange tissue paper that the students threw in to the fire pit. They enjoyed it. Looks like your 4 are having a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need to make one of these, Amy! It is a little addicting to start making felt toys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed you here from Sewing Mamas forum. Thanks for the help on the CV binding attachement.

    This is awesome. My kids wood love this. They're always wanting to make pretend camp fires and I'm afraid if I don't provide some realistic looking play materials, they might try to make the real thing in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...