Thursday, February 28, 2013

Girls In Black

I don't know what it is about black and pink, but I love it!  I love to dress my preschooler in black.  And my nine year old daughter looks great in it, too.  Here are some new creations I made for them.

This pattern is the Mamu Sabrina.  I like the pattern.  It has tons of options.  BUT the instructions are incomprehensible (due to translation problems, I think).  I find this is true of all Mamu patterns.  So you have to be able to sew the entire garment with no instructions.  You even have to be able to figure out which pattern pieces to use all on your own, too.

Best picture ever of Hannah!

This pattern is from Ottobre, issue 4/2012.  I love the placket on here.  I think it ends up very professional looking. Again, the instructions are not great, and it helps if you already know how to do this!

It happens to perfectly match a pair of pants she already owns!  Win!

Yep, that's right -- the stripes are matched up in the lined hood.  You're impressed, right?  :P  It doesn't always work out that way, somehow!

Right now, they still think it is fun that they match (even if they are different styles with the same fabric).  I know it won't last much longer, so I am taking advantage of it!

2 comments:

  1. This is really nice! Hoodies are my new obsession for my kids. Good luck on Sew-vivor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trina! I love hoodies because they are basically a blank slate -- you can take them whatever way you choose!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...